Bruce Lee was quoted as saying "thoughts are things". Accordingly, mediation is an effective way to ground yourself and clear out the constant mindless chatter that goes on between our ears and negatively blocks our physical and mental functioning.
Anybody can mediate. Start with a few minutes a day and give it a try with these guidelines:
1. Sit or lie down comfortably
2. Find one word or phrase to focus on and say it as you breath
3. Breath in through your nose and out your mouth
4. Breath into your back and expand your kidneys
5. When a thought pops in your mind, recognize it and move on