Thursday, July 17, 2008

Climbing Out

Some days even trainers don't want to train.

Yesterday, for the life of me I could not get out of bed at 5am to workout. So I decided I would train later in the day between a corporate consulting project in the am and in the afternoon training Kenny. I considered it my penance for not getting up in the am. Here's what I did
Climbed 246 stairs for 30 minutes with a 30 lb vest on. This was a killer in the heat, but I had to finish. Then I did 8 circuit station with a 40 lb medicine ball with a 10 vest on.

1. Snatches
2. Squat toss
3. Bent over rows
4. 3 way lunges with grappling grip
5. Shoulder toss
6. Across toss
7. Zercher get ups
8. Overhead 4 flght stair carries.

I was glad when I was done! You can see this workout on the bonus section my Basement Tape 1 for MMA Conditioning Strength and Hypertrophy Laying the Foundation
. I used a medicine ball for more grip strength.

Till next time "Cry in Training Laugh in Battle"