Saturday, October 18, 2008

Moving with The Predator and Others

The week ended training Patrick "The Predator" Cote for his last hard gas in the tank session for his upcoming fight on the 25th of October. I have to say I was completely impressed (which does not happen often) with the 5 rounds that we did. He looked at me at the end of the last circuit, and asked if that was it! Cote wanted to do more! He never once backed down or slowed down during the 45 minutes of torture I put him through. Also, what impresses me is his ground game has shot through the roof! If others want to count him out, let them. I think and hope he drops a lot jaws on the 25th, for "The Predator" is on the hunt!

Nate Quarry and Greg Thompson were in town to train with me and the team. I now know why the call Nate the “Rock”. We did one of my favorite routes, The Summit of Pain. This is 246 stairs in Brookline Mass. It is quite sadistic. Nate hammered the stairs into submission and cranked out times like a sprinter! All I could see was his AND 1 shorts running by like Flash Gordon.

Kurt Pellegrino came in to work with Kenny. He’s probably one of my favorite people to hang with. You just never know what he is going to say or do. He kept Kenny and I laughing in training. As a bonus, I think I’m rubbing off on him, he came up with some new gas in the tank exercises for Kenny! Nice Job Bro!